Thursday, September 13, 2012

today I want to write a thank you letter to Little Skips, a café two blocks down Myrtle avenue where I live. You can see LS (or one wall of it) and a bit of my street in the first 30 secs of this otherwise crappy music video:


In days of hangover, laundry or when I don't feel like riding the metro to Manhattan, Little Skips is my home, living room and office. A big plus about this: EVERY time I go, they play some great music there I haven't heard before. I always have to ask them about it.

Example # 1: local Brooklyn band Diiv (which Tomas also likes):


Example # 2: Tame Impala. Ok, it's only news to me (so says Mikko). But what a riff!


I think Tuomas would like it too, since Swervedriver is regularly on the playlist. As is J&M Chain, Mazzy Star and the rest, right when my worn out brain needs them, to go with the 2nd fillup cup of coffee.
So, thank you Little Skips and see you soon again.

No comments:

Post a Comment